Many Australian lenders will offer ‘cashback’ incentives for both purchases and refinances that are submitted by a particular date. Naturally, this is designed to attract new borrowers to them, however, it’s important to really do your homework here, or ensure that you’re working with an investment savvy mortgage broker to find the most suitable loan for you. A lender offering a cashback may be doing so because their fees and interest rate could be higher than alternatives, or they don’t quite provide the same loan features as another option.
It’s important to note here that Australian expats can also be eligible for such cashback offers, and that these are not restricted to residents only. In this week’s article, we’ve decided to focus on those offers that both Australian expats and residents would be eligible for.
At the time of writing this article (31/07/2021), the following lenders are offering the cashback that we’ve outlined. Please do note that there will no doubt be others, but this covers most of the offers that are currently available to Australian expats. Make sure that you do your homework when submitting a loan application, and check what is currently on offer at the time of submission as these are subject to change.
ANZ currently has two key offers on the table, which we’ve outlined below:
- Switching Cashback: For those switching to ANZ by Friday 1st October 2021, you could be eligible for $3,000.
- Conveyancing Cashback: For First Homebuyers, which would be applicable for those Australian expats seeking to return to Australia, you could be eligible for ANZ to cover up to $1,000 of your conveyancing fees.
Bank of Melbourne / St George
- Refinance Cashback: For those refinancing their loan/s over to Bank of Melbourne or St George, you could receive up to $3,000, as long as the application is submitted by 31st August 2021.
Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA)
The Commonwealth Bank has a refinance offer for both Australian expats and residents:
- Refinance Offer: Up to $2,000 refinance cashback for those loans submitted by 30th September 2021. This applies to all investment loans, lines of credit, and o/o home loans.
- Refinance Cashback: Up to $3,000 for both owner-occupier and investment loans of at least $250,000 that are submitted by 31st August 2021.
If you’re considering refinancing, or simply looking to explore your options about which lender might be suitable and what cashback offers you may be eligible for, feel free to reach out to our team for an obligation-free discussion today.
LoanSuite Pty Ltd is your lending partner for all of your home loan, investment property, business, and commercial financing needs. With our wide range of lending solutions, expertise in financial planning and investment strategies, and extensive experience in working with both Australian residents and Australian expats, we are your partners for your lending needs.
Book an obligation-free, complimentary consultation here today.
LoanSuite Pty Ltd is an Authorised Credit Representative (Credit Representative Number – 494608) of My Local Broker (Australian Credit License – 481374). Important Disclaimer: Your complete financial situation will need to be assessed before acceptance of any proposal or product.